Nutrition per serving
Our healthy and quick tuna pasta recipe is delicious! This comforting dish is packed with three of your five-a-day and can easily be doubled to feed a large family.
- 150g wholemeal pasta
- 1 large leek (200g), chopped in half and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 160g cherry tomatoes, best on the vine
- Sweetcorn drained to 198g
- 75g ricotta
- 160g can tuna in spring water, drained
- A handful of chopped basil and a few whole leaves are all you need to make this dish.
1. Boil the pasta with the leek in large saucepans of salted water, following the pack instructions, until it is al dente.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Once the oil has melted, fry the tomatoes until they begin to soften and burst. To heat the sweetcorn, add it to the pan and continue cooking for about 2 minutes. Drain the pasta and the leeks. Keep some pasta water aside. Place the pasta and leeks drained in a pan along with the tomatoes. Next, toss the tuna and ricotta together.
3. Add plenty of black pepper to the dish. To loosen the consistency of the sauce, add some of the reserved pasta water to the bowl with the chopped basil. Sprinkle the chopped basil leaves on top.