Nutrition per serving
These lemony muffins are delightful and light. They also can be served with the addition of ice cream, or even thick Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp light rapeseed, or sunflower oil, and some extra to grease
- 300g self-raising flour
- 175g golden sugar for caster
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 200ml milk
- 1 large egg
- zest 2 blood oranges Juice 2 1/2
- 140g of granulated sugar
The muffins are best enjoyed when they’re baked However, leftovers can be heated in the microwave in 30-second increments to serve them fresh. and then served with vanilla frozen yogurt as well as thick Greek yogurt.
- Bake at 200C/180C/gas 6. Lightly grease a muffin tin with a 12-hole. Mix the flour and baking powder, caster sugar as well as poppy seeds into the large mixing bowl. In a different bowl, mix together the milk, oil egg, juice, and zest of one or more oranges.
- Moving quickly, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix using a fork. it should appear lumpy therefore don’t overwork it. Pour the mixture into baking tins, to bake for at least 10-12 minutes until it is cooked and golden.
- While the muffins bake while they bake, mix the remaining zest and sugar granulated in the bowl of a small. Make sure you have the remaining blood orange juice on hand.
- Let the muffins cool for 2 minutes and then transfer them onto an air-tight rack. While working fast make sure to add the juices to the sugar mix, and then spoon into each muffin until the mixture is completely used. Let it cool for 5 minutes before eating.